Canadian Mom Writer

Thoughts and Opinions on the writing life, working from home, and mothering.

Name:
Location: St Marys, Ontario, Canada

I am a work at home mom of 3 living in the country just outside of St Marys, Ontario. I am a freelance writer and copywriter just finally getting going on my business after baby #3. I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and have called Canada home for 16 years now.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

I gave my baby a Mullett....

Tonight I inadvertantly cost myself and my husband thousands of dollars in therapy for our son when I accidentally gave him a mullett during his first haircut...

I really didn't mean to, the idea was to just trim the top so that it stayed out of his eyes, and leave the rest of his beautiful blond baby curls till another day, but have you ever tried cutting the hair of a wriggly 15 month old? I had to get him to sit in Dad's lap with a towel around him to catch the hair. He didn't like me pulling his hair, and kept turning his head to the side and looking up at me. Needless to say he got a mouthful of hair a few times, and started crying. Dad started yelling at me to hurry up so I finished as quickly as I could. The girls rescued a lock of hair from the floor to keep as I spat the stray hair out of my mouth.

Once his hair dried, I looked in horror at what I'd done.... Short at the top and front and then these lovely golden curls cascading around his ears and neck. Eeek.. I didn't get a picture of it tonight, but I will have to get one tomorrow. Looks like the rest of the baby curls will have to come off tomorrow...sigh.... If he'll stay still...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carol, just to let you know, on the first page of your copywriting website you've written Accountability: I don’t get paid until the job is done, so there is a vested interest In meeting deadlines.
I presume that 'in' shouldn't have a capitol I!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

business in the front.
Party in the back.

mmm mullets.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thank you anonymous....whoever you are! I will correct that. Sometimes even my eyes aren't that sharp!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

">