Canadian Mom Writer

Thoughts and Opinions on the writing life, working from home, and mothering.

Name:
Location: St Marys, Ontario, Canada

I am a work at home mom of 3 living in the country just outside of St Marys, Ontario. I am a freelance writer and copywriter just finally getting going on my business after baby #3. I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and have called Canada home for 16 years now.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Sorry to use this overused cliche, but this damn weather is starting to get to me. I know, we're in Canada, eh, so get used to it. I've been here for almost 17 years, I don't think I'll ever get used to it. It makes for hairy-scary driving, especially as we live in the country and all of the snow in the area seems to accumulate on our road.

Sure, it's nice this time of year, but crappy roads mixed with half crazed last minute Christmas shoppers is not a nice combination. I went to Walmart last night, the one place I try to stay clear of this time of year, but I am a sucker for punishment. I swear they pump in some kind of mood altering chemical in the heater when you walk through the front door. It means that everyone you encounter in the store will be in a hurry, will stop in the middle of a busy aisle so that you ram into the back of them, and will stand in front of the one item that you want. I made the mistake of entering the toy department last night, along with 64 million other people. They really need to make the aisles bigger in this one department.

But enough of that. I am almost done my shopping, and now comes the crazy week where the house has to be cleaned, the girl's room has to be cleaned (dreading that), the xmas cards still have to be mailed out (stupid printer....) and hopefully the 2 gifts that are coming via mail will get here on time.

On the up side, I am going to Toronto on Tuesday with my brother to pick up our little brother at York. We are then going shopping at Yorkdale. It will be nice to spend time with the bros, especially now that they live so far away.

Today is my husband's birthday, he seemed to have a good day doing nothing!

Grumpy baby ready for bed now so must be off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">