Canadian Mom Writer

Thoughts and Opinions on the writing life, working from home, and mothering.

Name:
Location: St Marys, Ontario, Canada

I am a work at home mom of 3 living in the country just outside of St Marys, Ontario. I am a freelance writer and copywriter just finally getting going on my business after baby #3. I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and have called Canada home for 16 years now.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Farewell to Fertility

In 2 days I am going in for a 'gyny' procedure. We have 3 children now, 2 girls and a boy, and we feel that our family is complete. I had hoped that the Mr would step up to the plate, but constant nagging from me since our son was born 16 months ago has yielded nothing, only a 'I'm not ready'.... Something about the words 'scalpel' and 'boys' in the same sentence that makes him weak at the knees. I've resigned myself to the fact that it would have to be me that did something definite, or I'd be hitting menopause by the time he'd be ready. So, for future reference, I'd like to point out the fact that not only have I brought 3 children into the world, but I've also gone through 27 months of pregnancy - that's 2 years and 3 months of having a human growing inside you, a combined total of about 40 hours of labour, (a normal work week for most people) 2 epidurals and 1 caesarian with all the stitches and FUN that goes along with that, and 1 totally natural, totally drug free birth that was the most amazing experience of my life and one that solidified the belief that if my body can expel an 8lb 7oz human out of it in 17 minutes, then it can do ANYTHING.

And then somewhere during the first year of my son's life, after battling Post Partum Depression, major sleep deprivation and the complete loss of focus that beleaguers all mothers, I decided that this was it, I wasn't going through this again. We had our perfect family, our beautiful daughters and the much sought-after BOY; it was time to focus on enjoying them and reconnecting with ourselves, and myself. I've spent the last 8 years having babies and loving every minute of it, well, almost every minute! Now it's time for me to focus on my career, on my writing, on watching my children grow up. So am I nervous about this impending surgery? Not a bit, I'm actually looking forward to it. Now if only there was a way to get rid of Aunt Flo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">