Canadian Mom Writer

Thoughts and Opinions on the writing life, working from home, and mothering.

Name:
Location: St Marys, Ontario, Canada

I am a work at home mom of 3 living in the country just outside of St Marys, Ontario. I am a freelance writer and copywriter just finally getting going on my business after baby #3. I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and have called Canada home for 16 years now.

Monday, January 16, 2006

What's in a name?

I've never had so much difficulty in thinking up names for things.... Even naming my children wasn't this hard. I am trying to think up possible names for a parenting column I may be writing on a regular basis. All of the names that I've come up with so far seem to have been taken. I've brainstormed every derivative of the word 'Mother' I can think of, and am now thinking of some catchy phrase instead. Help! I need inspiration! Is this why it's taken me so long to get these sample articles off to the editor, I just can't for the life of me think of a catchy, yet poignant original name. Good grief, this hurts....

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

Hey sis.. this is what i have come up with for you:

Momma Knows.
Mother hen's chicken coupe.
MOMMMMMMY!!!
the Crying Tales.
Sipping on fine grape juice.
Growing Pains.
MSI. Mothers Secret Information.
Law and Order T.A.U. Toddler Apprehension Unit.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

I'm quite partial to the last... can be taken both ways ;)

10:09 PM  
Blogger neil said...

You're right, that's not easy, but here is my unedited list:

Sons & Daughters
Inspired Parenting
From The Cradle To Leaving Home
The Trouble with Kids
Parenting Today
Wishful Thinking
Kool Kids
King Solomon Has Children

Good Luck.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

">