Canadian Mom Writer

Thoughts and Opinions on the writing life, working from home, and mothering.

Name:
Location: St Marys, Ontario, Canada

I am a work at home mom of 3 living in the country just outside of St Marys, Ontario. I am a freelance writer and copywriter just finally getting going on my business after baby #3. I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and have called Canada home for 16 years now.

Monday, February 27, 2006

I’ve seen the future, and it’s not pretty…

Yesterday my oldest daughter had her 8th birthday party with nine of her closest gal pals. Seven of these girls are in her class at school, and what FUN it was to have them all in one place at the same time! Ah, no, it wasn’t that bad, just a little scary when you think that a few years ago I was changing diapers and nursing this little being, and then all of a sudden she’s talking about loving this poor, poor boy in her class ( I say poor because as soon as Daddy finds out, he’ll be a goner). And thanks to the powers of technology in the form of a karaoke video camera, we have it all on videotape. I sat here in utter amazement as my daughter and her friends had no fear about saying who they had a crush on. A crush, for pete’s sake. When I was that age boys elicited two emotions in my friends and I – fear and disgust. I remember I was 12 when I had my first crush. Now I get to see it all again through my daughter’s eyes, albeit a little earlier. At this rate by the time she’s 12 she’ll already be engaged to be married… Scary, isn’t it? What’s even scarier is the fact that the objects of their affections have no clue what’s going on, or if they do understand what’s happening to the cute little girls around them, they run screaming in the opposite direction. Welcome to the complex world of human sexuality girls, it doesn’t get much better than this….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">